Monday, March 28, 2011

Rookie Fruit Crepes














Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on here but I finally made something again. I've been back at school so not much time to do any baking though I would definitely like to do more.

Anywho I decided to make Crepes! I've never made them before hence the 'rookie' part. It was an interesting experience and sooo much fun. Especially swirling the pan around until the crepe batter coated the buttered pan. Magnificent stuff.

I have a ton of filling left over too. The recipe I found for the filling (you can not believe how hard it is just to find a simple cream and fruit filling for crepes) wasn't very specific so I just did what I thought it said and it turned out delicious. Even though I didn't use my hand mixer to cream the cream cheese and it was a little lumpy, made no difference what so ever. It still tasted gloriously of vanilla goodness.

I chose raspberries and blueberries for my fruit, but of course ya'll can choose what ever strikes your fancy. The filling holds up well if you let it sit out (I had to while I was cooking the crepes because we have absolutely no room in our fridge for the bowl :-D )

The crepes were a little tricky at first because of the proportions. I didn't want to use a tablespoon to pour out three little pours of batter while I was trying to swirl it around (talk about hand twister) so I just used a ladle, but it all worked out in the end... you learn how much to put in there by eye after the ... 1..2..3... 5th one or so :)

But yes they were delicious, got lots of approval from the roommates (my taste testers).

I'll post the recipe later if I have time, but if you all want to know sooner it's from Julia's Kitchen Wisdom book under All purpose Crepes

No comments:

Post a Comment