Sunday, April 8, 2012

Puff Pastry Cups with cream and fruit




So who doesn't love the classics?  A little puff, a little cream, and a lot of fruit.

  I wanted to get rid of the puff pastry that I've had in my freezer for forever.  So I rolled it out cut it into little squares and placed it in a muffin pan, the small muffin cups.  I put some pie beans in the centers so that there would be room for the cream.  Don't fill the puff with too many beans because they will become pushed into the bottom of the puff.  They will already but it's bad when they get really cooked in there.


I sprayed the pan with a little cooking oil so they came out really easily.



                
For the whipped cream I wanted to try a new recipe.  I wanted to stabilize the whipped cream with some cream cheese.     

 Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
yields about 5 cups
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature (and cut into cubes)
2 cups whipping cream
4 tablespoons powdered sugar (or to taste)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  Add a few of the cubes of cream cheese in a kitchen aid mixer, until all of the cream cheese is creamed.  Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla.  Mix that together until it is stable again then add the whipping cream as you whip on medium speed with the whip attachment.  Let it go on medium to high speed until there are stiff peaks.  


  Then I just added a box of strawberries together with a few tablespoons of sugar and a few teaspoons of lemon juice.  I let it sit in the fridge over night and then added those to the top.  I also washed some blueberries and put those on another cup.  They were both delicious.  It's a nice fresh kind of dessert for those that were stuffed full of chocolate over Easter.  


                               
                        




No comments:

Post a Comment