Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fruit Tart a la creme de la creme





Ok so it doesn't have cream in it at all except for whipped cream but it looks like it should have 'creme de la creme' associated with it.

So I realize that I said tomorrow in my last blog and here it is two days later, but hey it's done now, and it looks amazing. When I was cutting it I got to taste the little crumbs and it was delicious, and Tart. It's definitely got enough lemon in it. And I got to use my new pie cutter. I know that seems a little silly, but it's awful when you cut a pie into all sorts of shapes and sizes and give it to people. So now, perfect sized pieces and a new gadget for my ever shrinking kitchen.

It was also difficult to find a 9" tart pan. I wasn't even able to find one exactly 9", but the wonderful guy at the kitchen store had an excellent point. Once the crumbs are put in for the crust it will probably be 9". And good thing I got a 9 1/2" pan because I would have had jello goo all over the place. As it was, I had to clean some off the sides and had to catch some from dripping even more. I added a note to my recipe, when it says chill until you can mound the jello, I thought that when it came out jiggling that it was fine, but alas it was not. So now I know to actually keep it in longer. I think that would have saved the counter from getting jello all over it.

And I realized also last night that hand picked blueberries are Great.... until you have to clean them. All of the sticks and greens that have clung to their fellow compatriots need to go, and they make sure that you have difficulty finding them.

I had a lot of frustration with this tart last night, which was unfortunate, but the tart turned out fine. Sometimes your emotions cripple your baking, but it didn't happen. Speaking of which has anyone seen "The Ramen Girl". I don't think it came out to theatres, but it wasn't too bad. Anyway she cooked a batch of ramen finally and ended up crying in it, so when people at it they started crying. Ok so not entirely realistic but sometimes true.

I had to clean the oven, from my last fiasco with dripping stuff in the oven, but it works just fine, no fire alarm going off.

There are two pieces left in the breakroom last I checked on Friday, so I might be taking some home with me. I actually had my own piece that day, Thursday I think it was. It was good, and not actually as Tart as I thought it would have been. Which was interesting. So I'll see if that's just me or not.

Anyway now to think of my next pie to make!

MB


Ps: Finally used the food chopper for the Nilla wafer crust, and boy was that sooo much faster than a spoon and a plastic baggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment