Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 am Pie




So I just got done with the apple pie for my grandparents tomorrow (lots of running around at the last minute for groceries and gas). It smells wonderful; the whole apartment smells like the holidays and apples. Mmmmmm. Unfortunately the wonderful apple goo bubbled over onto the bottom of the oven, so I'll have to figure out a clever way to clean that up tomorrow. And I made my own dough tonight! I'm not sure it was the best but at least I jumped that hurtle when I came to it.

Every pie that I've done, I've picked up something new. Besides the new recipes and ways to cook things, I have learned to make sure that the recipe actually has the cups, teaspoons, etc beside it. Otherwise you have a fraction and no measurement to go by... very disconcerting. So tonight I looked over the whole thing and got out all of the ingredients and made sure everything was labeled and whatnot. This recipe also had an ingredient missing. Who knew all of these people would forget these kinds of things? It wasn't major so it was alright. But next pie I do, I will put a pan underneath the pie to catch any drippings. Yay for learning from your mistakes!


MB

crossing fingers for dough to turn out right!

1 comment:

  1. That cheesecake looks awesome. I just ate and it's making me hungry again. Cheesecake is one of the true delicacies in life. You might even go so far as to say it is on the eight wonders of the world. Keep up the good work Megan.

    ReplyDelete