Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Crust....

So unfortunately I am here to report that my crust didn't turn out as perfect as I would have liked. It was flaky and wonderful in a texture sense, but then the taste was a little off. It tasted like some baking powder like substance in it; what I mean is it was kind of bitter. I put an egg glaze on the top 9 think that's what it's called) so that it could brown and what not instead of butter. Maybe I'll try butter next time. One problem I did have was when I was rolling it out I needed to use flour to keep it from sticking and I think I just used too much flour so it gave it a bitter aftertaste. My grandparents seemed to like it so that was a good thing. I left them with most of the pie, but they insisted I take a chunk back with me, so I have a chunk of apple pie in my fridge. So much dessert. One of my coworkers said something the other day that speaks to this. If you eat any more of that "you'll be big as the side of a house". Hopefully I got that right, but you get the gist. I'll be going exercising tonight with my roommate. I don't think I can skip that anymore if I continue to do this. :)

I also have a piece of the leftover cheesecake in my freezer saved aside for my mother. She says she doesn't much like cheesecake, but especially the dense kind, so I'm glad she's willing to try the fluffy kind!

Anyway, a new post coming up... a surprise!


MB

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the crust. Aunt Kitty sent the crust recipe to me to send to you. I will send it next. It is "to die for". And from your Great Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete