Monday, June 14, 2010

Cheesecake!!




I just finished my humongous piece of cheesecake and boy was it amazingly fluffy. It's got that mousse texture almost. Though it didn't have much flavor, which incidentally was because I had to leave out the amaretto liquor because of my coworker with the nut allergy. I had some Kahlua in the freezer but I didn't want to make it taste like coffee. I mean it would have probably been good, but....

There was a lot of cheesecake still left when I left work. I think that Mondays are bad days to bring it in, because everyone is so busy getting everything started for the rest of the week.

I have 8 or so weeks of this, and I'm really excited to keep going with these pies. I'm not sure which one I'm going to do next. Maybe the "Strawberry Oasis" pie, or a lemon chess pie, my mother says they are supposed to be really good. I made a list of a whole bunch of pies, oh this one called Peanut Butter Chocolate pie I think it was called. That sounds good too.

At times I think that it's a bit silly what I'm doing, especially if you notice how much pie stuff is. Oh well, like I said I'm hopefully going to get good at this and use this skill eventually, like as gifts and what not, for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Mmmm "Marshmallow Mermaid" pie would be great for Easter :) Another pie from Waitress.


MB

Baby Screamin’ Its Head Off In The Middle of the Night & Ruinin’ My Life Pie



4 8-oz. cream cheese, softened

1 C. unsalted butter, softened

1 1/2 C. sour cream

1/2 C heavy whipping cream

1 3/4 C. white sugar

1/8 tsp. cornstarch

1 fl. oz. amaretto liqueur

1 tsp. vanilla extract

5 eggs

1 egg yolk

1 C. chopped pecans

1/2 tsp. nutmeg



1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil. Generously butter inside of pan.

2. In large bowl,beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in sugar and cornstarch. Blend in sour cream and whipping cream. Add amaretto and vanilla. Stir in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition.

3. Pour batter into pan. Place pan in another pan at least 1 inch wider and add water to outside pan (prevents cracks). Bake on center rack for 70 minutes.

4. Turn oven off and let cool with door open for 1 hour. Remove cake from water and chill at least 3 hours before removing cake from pan. Top with crushed pecans and dust with nutmeg.



Serves 8.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for the peanut butter chocolate pie!! Love that peanut butter. Your pictures are great and I am very hungry. Teleport me some cheesecake and apple pie please.

    ReplyDelete