Monday, June 14, 2010

Another Cheesecake...

So my dad wanted a cheesecake for his fathers day present. So I made him another cheesecake and this time added the almond flavoring. And by the way, for any of you thinking that a fl. oz is anything close to a tablespoon it isn't.

1 fl. oz = 6 teaspoons or = 2 tbsp

But more than likely if you are not using, the amaretto liquor, for instance, and you want to use almond extract instead, there is a definite difference between the potency of the two. So that's why I only used a teaspoon of almond extract for the cheesecake recipe. It was even a little too much, so you may want to use 1/4 or 1/2 tsp.

It was good all the same I guess, but I'm still having a problem with the top browning... it just keeps getting worse. I'm going to have to sit down and actually research why this is happening. I have this Bake Wise book from my mother that I borrowed and it didn't have anything in there about the top browning on a cheesecake, so we'll see.

MB

No comments:

Post a Comment